Pain management clinics are specialized facilities that help patients diagnose and manage their chronic pain.
Over 1.5 billion people worldwide live with chronic pain that can interfere with their ability to function normally. Long-lasting pain can make it harder to sleep at night and more difficult to function properly during the day.
Pain management clinics focus on curing persistent pain of musculoskeletal disorders, sports or work injuries, tissue overuse injuries, and many other painful conditions. At a pain management clinic, pain management specialists collaborate with physical therapists and other specialists to diagnose the source of pain and offer effective treatment options. The goal is usually to reduce pain without resorting to surgery, harmful medications, or steroid injections.
At Pain Therapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, Dr. Henry Sardar and his team offer patients a broad spectrum of conventional, advanced, and complementary pain management techniques that can deliver fast pain relief and effective recovery.
What Is a Pain Management Clinic?
A pain clinic, or a pain management clinic, is a health care center that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of different types of chronic and acute pain.
Pain that lasts for a long time can become debilitating interfering with your ability to work efficiently, sleep properly, and perform regular day-to-day activities.
Pain management clinics offer patients advanced pain relief technologies and progressive pain management modalities that can significantly reduce their pain and improve the quality of their lives.
Our pain management and physical therapy center in Brooklyn, NYC aims to provide patients with options to deal with their prolonged pain without surgery and without the need for pain medication treatments.
Who Should Go to A Pain Clinic?
If you have significant acute or chronic pain affecting your life or daily functions, your orthopedic surgeon, primary care physician, or physiotherapist may refer you to a specialized pain center.
You can also directly come for a consultation at our center if you’re dealing with musculoskeletal pain and you’re tired of taking pain killers that only give you temporary pain relief.
Pain management centers offer therapy choices for patients suffering from various types of pains, such as:
- Pain from musculoskeletal disorders (Epicondylitis, Tendonitis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ligament sprain, Tension neck syndrome, Rotator cuff tendinitis)
- Back, neck, joint, shoulder, or ankle pain
- Pain from nerves of nervous system disorders (post-stroke, multiple sclerosis, neuropathy)
- Pain from tissue or overuse injuries (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Pain from sports or work injuries
- Pain from cancer or cancer treatment
- Pain after surgery
- Arthritis pain
Our pain care clinic encompasses diverse pain treatment modalities that are designed to target the primary source of your chronic pain and significantly reduce its effects.
In addition to dealing with pain, pain clinics, like ours in Brooklyn, usually offer physical and occupational therapy.
What Pain Management Clinics Do?
Our pain center can offer you safe and effective ways to live pain-free.
When you arrive at our pain management clinic, Dr. Henry Sardar will pinpoint the source of your pain by performing a medical examination, asking you questions related to your pain, and performing some tests (MRI, X-ray, ultrasounds, blood tests).
Pain management clinics aim to:
- Accurately identify the cause of chronic and acute pain.
- Treat the painful condition in the least invasive way possible (e.g laser therapy, shock-wave therapy, electromagnetic pulse therapy – EMTT, and cryotherapy).
- Rehabilitate the patient with physical and occupational therapy combined with pain management to improve mobility, functionality, and lifestyle.
- Provide a safe alternative to surgery and medication: Many pain management drugs can have dangerous side effects especially when they’re used in the long run. They can cause nausea, drowsiness, kidney damage, tolerance, and addiction. Surgeries that are performed to alleviate pain also carry possible risks such as infection, bleeding, reaction to anesthesia, blood clots, and lung problems. Pain clinics offer excellent alternatives for surgery and pain meds and carry much fewer risks.
- Ensure a better quality of life: Pain management techniques can promote tissue healing, speed up recovery, and diminish pain. This will help you return to your daily routine without the exhausting pain and without the need to miss work or stay at home for a long time. You’ll also be able to go back to attending special occasions and performing activities you enjoy without pain getting in your way.
The treatment usually starts with non-invasive pain treatments and then advances to more aggressive, yet safe, techniques to get rid of persistent pain.
Who works at a pain clinic?
Our Brooklyn, NYC pain management clinic has an interdisciplinary team of specially trained pain experts, including:
- A pain management specialist: A medical doctor that runs the clinic, examines patients, designs treatment plans, and applies interventional pain therapies.
- Pain Nurse Specialists: Highly trained staff who provide medical assistance expertise and advice to support patients living with physical pain.
- Physical therapists: Health specialists who help patients regain their bodily function and mobility and reduce or manage pain through prescribed exercises and patient education.
- Occupational therapists: Health care professionals who help patients manage physical, sensory, or cognitive problems using everyday activities, exercises, and other therapies.
This wide range of skilled medical professionals enables our New York pain management clinic to deliver effective and comprehensive chronic pain therapy to patients.
Is Going To a Pain Management Clinic Worth It?
Dealing with pain that you don’t understand can be both physically and emotionally draining. Having to go through one test after the other, and one drug treatment after the other, patients can fall into despair and lose hope of ever gaining relief from their pain.
Our pain clinic in Brooklyn, NYC offers new hope to patients struggling with ongoing pain. Dr. Henry Sardar has helped hundreds of patients regain control over their lives by giving them control over their pain and taking away their dependency on pain meds.
Our patients’ testimonials especially emphasize how warm and welcoming Dr. Sardar and our team are and how important that is in their journey against pain. You can check the hundreds of patient reviews on Google to read more about the quality of care we provide. Our pain management team helps you identify your pain, understand it, and fight it head-on.
At PainTherapy Medical Care, everything is patient-oriented. Our ultimate goal is to give you as much pain relief as possible while respecting your personal choices.
Do Pain Management Clinics Take Insurance?
Many insurance companies usually cover the cost of various types of pain management methods.
Our Brooklyn PainTherapy Medical Care pain clinic accepts most major insurance providers: New York State Medicaid Pain Management, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, MetroPlus, Amerigroup, BlueCross/BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and United Health Care Community Plan coverage are all welcome. We are also accepting Medicare as part of our strategy for pain management doctors near you that accepts Medicare.
Dealing with long-lasting pain can be frustrating and extremely challenging. At our PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, Dr. Sardar can help you benefit from the latest innovative techniques for drug-free and non-surgical pain management and rehabilitation.
How Do Pain Management Clinics Work – Further Readings
THE ROLE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY AND PHYSICAL MODALITIES IN PAIN MANAGEMENT – ScienceDirect
Image-guided facet joint injection – PMC
Epidural Corticosteroid Injections | Johns Hopkins Medicine
Existing Evidence on Ultrasound-Guided Injections in Sports Medicine – PMC