Everyone feels pain; it’s an inevitable part of the human experience. Some people may experience pain more frequently and more intensely than others. It can become limiting and debilitating.
Pain pills and surgery are conventional ways to reduce chronic pain significantly. New and innovative procedures, however, may offer faster and more effective pain relief compared to older techniques.
TECAR therapy is a highly advanced non-surgical drug-free method to treat pain. This revolutionary pain therapy achieves pain relief and stimulates cellular regeneration and repair by transmitting electric and heat energy to your cells (thermotherapy). At PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, Dr. Henry Sardar offers expert TECAR therapy for overworked injuries, sports injuries, and musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Sardar has helped many patients with persistent chronic pain thanks to this technology.
Keep reading to find out why TECAR therapy may be your best bet at relieving your chronic pain.
What Is TECAR Therapy?
“Transfer of Energy Capacitive and Resistive” (TECAR) therapy is one of the most effective thermotherapy treatments to reduce pain.
Thermotherapy is the use of heat energy to relieve pain or stiffness. The TECAR device supplies finely tuned electric currents that go right into your cells to polarize them. This re-energizes your cells and pushes them into an anabolic and healing state.
We commonly use it to treat joint disorders, muscle disorders, low-back pain, spine pain, sports injuries, and many other painful conditions. It is entirely non-invasive, using radiofrequency electric current to generate heat energy. We call this induced heat, diathermy. Applying heat to injured tissue is always beneficial. However, there’s no way to heat deep painful structures – not until now.
The combination of energy and diathermy in TECAR therapy transfers the heat deep into your soft tissues, which is often the point of origin of your pain. It reaches the deep-lying tendons, ligaments, and bones.
TECAR therapy has garnered an excellent reputation among physiotherapists, osteopaths, and sports physicians worldwide. This thermotherapy treatment is also growing increasingly popular among Dr. Sardar’s patients in New York. It’s become one of the best non-surgical alternative treatments for pain.
How Does TECAR Therapy Work?
TECAR therapy is endogenous thermotherapy that uses electrical currents to alter the magnetic field, energize cells, and generate sufficient heat to reduce pain in the affected area. The frequency of TECAR typically ranges between 300 kHz to 1.5 MHz.
TECAR therapy gradually heats up the treated region and stimulates natural tissue regeneration. It reduces pain, encourages cellular regeneration, stimulates tissue repair, and improves blood circulation in the treated area.
- Analgesic Effect: Nociceptors are pain receptors that are responsible for generating the pain you feel, and they work overtime when there’s an injury. The energy emitted by the TECAR device works alongside your nervous system. The high frequency oscillating magnetic field results in a biological change in your nerve fibers and receptors, blocking the pain signals.
- Biostimulant Effect: Once the radio waves hit the treated tissue, they polarize your cell membranes. This process reactivates the metabolic process, inducing cell proliferation and regeneration for wound healing. It also stimulates chondrocytes (cartilage cells) to repair any bone and joint injuries.
- Decontracting Effect: The generated heat from the electrical current induces vasodilation, wherein the blood vessels in the affected area widen. Vasodilation increases the blood flow to that area with a resultant increase in oxygen and nutrients. This boosts healing in your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
- Anti-inflammatory Effect: The steady increase in temperature subsequently increases the blood flow to the affected area. The increased blood circulation and vasodilation encourage immediate lymphatic drainage. Through this inflammatory metabolites and wastes are washed away from the area, reducing any swelling and promoting faster healing.
The biological effects of TECAR lead to accelerated pain reduction, enhanced natural healing, and rapid recovery time. This is why pain specialists consider TECAR therapy one of the best pain relief therapies for chronic and acute pain.
TECAR therapy can help you return to a drug-free and pain-free life, without having to endure the risks of surgery or chronic painkiller use. Dr. Sardar now offers all his patients the chance to test out this innovative treatment in Brooklyn, New York.
What Conditions Does TECAR Therapy Treat?
By stimulating regeneration and tissue repair, TECAR therapy significantly eases chronic pain and speeds up recovery from injury, surgery, and musculoskeletal illnesses. We’ve provided a list of the common problems that we treat using TECAR therapy.
- Joint pain
- Shoulder tendinitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Low-back pain
- Neck pain
- Knee or hip osteoarthritis
- Windshield wiper syndrome (knee ligament inflammation)
Pain in the feet:
- Heel spurs
- Plantar fasciitis (foot fat pad inflammation)
Other conditions that we treat with TECAR therapy:
- Pain from cancer or cancer treatment
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Treatment of scar tissues
- Lymphatic and vascular system disorders
- Sports traumas
Still unsure if TECAR is the treatment for you?
Dr. Sardar is now offering his patients a unique opportunity – you can test TECAR therapy yourself and see if it works for you. Dr. Henry strongly believes in the technology behind TECAR, and wants you to join hundreds of other satisfied patients.
Am I A Candidate For TECAR Therapy?
The innovative TECAR therapy is popular among athletes. It helps them recover after games and heals any injuries their sustain with minimal downtime. Many celebrity athletes have incorporated TECAR into their recovery and wellness routine. Nevertheless, TECAR is now accessible to everyone else – athletes and non-athletes alike.
TECAR therapy is an effective, safe treatment plan with little to no reported side effects. An added advantage: it also has a flexible inclusion criterion.
You can get TECAR therapy regardless of your age or gender. It is an innovative non-surgical pain therapy that can benefit anyone. You’re a good candidate for TECAR therapy if:
- You have chronic back pain, neck pain, or other musculoskeletal pains
- You are recovering from a musculoskeletal injury and want to speed up healing
- You are getting physical therapy and want to boost the progress
- Your pain is debilitating and interferes with your daily life
- Your pain prevents you from enjoying normal fun activities
- Your pain is affecting your mood
- You’re not improving with conventional treatment and pain killers
- You want to avoid the risks of surgery (scars, anesthesia, complications)
- You want an effective and non-surgical non-pharmacological pain therapy
- You are ready to commit to an intense treatment plan until you improve
However, certain conditions might disqualify you from TECAR therapy:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Recent heart attack
- Pulmonary embolism
- Open or bleeding wounds
- Allergic reaction to conductive cream
What Are The Benefits Of TECAR Therapy?
TECAR therapy is an entirely non-invasive drug-free pain therapy that targets deep tissues with minimal discomfort or side effects. According to scientific studies, TECAR technology is entirely safe and very effective in treating painful conditions and repairing damaged tissue.
One of the major advantages of TECAR therapy is that it reaches deeper tissue. Surgery would require incisions to reach and remedy your pain if it’s deeply originating. Not to mention the scarring and numerous surgical and anesthetic risks.
TECAR’s high-frequency energy promotes rapid healing without incisions or scarring. It is one of the top surgery alternatives to cure chronic pain. Physical therapists even recommend combining TECAR therapy with other treatments to induce the natural processes of pain mitigation.
Other benefits of TECAR therapy include:
- Speeds up healing after injury or surgery
- Boosts rehabilitation speed
- Complements traditional pain and physical therapy
- Faster tissue regeneration
- It’s a painless procedure
- Produces effective long-term results
How is TECAR Therapy Done?
TECAR therapy elicits positive physiologic responses quickly. It is an innovative alternative treatment for chronic and acute pain and plays a central role in regenerative medicine.
TECAR therapy at Pain Therapy Medical Care is carried out by Dr. Sardar and his team of professionals in an outpatient setting. We have helped hundreds of patients with their rehab and pain management needs and we stand ready to help you.
Dr. Sardar uses Capenergy TECAR technology to perform the procedure. The Capenergy device is one of the most advanced TECAR devices around the globe. It uses groundbreaking technology and provides supreme flexibility to tend to every patient’s needs.
Before the treatment begins, conductive cream will be applied to the region being treated. This helps the electromagnetic energy waves penetrate into your body to treat deeper structures. Dr. Sardar then places the electrode onto your skin and the low-intensity radio waves will generate heat targeted at your deep tissues. This constant high-frequency electric stimulation will numb the nerves in the region, reduce pain, widen blood vessels, and encourage tissue repair.
TECAR therapy is a painless procedure and will not require any anesthesia. You may experience slight warmth or discomfort, but it shouldn’t go beyond that. Dr. Sardar always ensures your comfort throughout any procedure he performs.
A typical session is about twenty to thirty minutes. However, the extent of your condition and your physiologic responses to the treatment will control the length and number of your sessions.
Previous studies have shown that TECAR therapy can result in complete functional recovery with noticeable improvements a few hours after treatment. This is, of course, dependent on your specific case.
Can You Combine TECAR Therapy with Other Procedures?
For optimal results, it’s best to combine TECAR Therapy with technologies, manual therapies, and other pain management procedures.
Dr. Henry Sardar expertly combines all these physiotherapeutic techniques at our Pain Therapy clinic in Brooklyn, NY. Once you’re under his care, he will determine which combination of pain management treatments will work best for you.
You can combine TECAR therapy with any of the following pain therapy modalities:
- Cold laser therapy
- Shock-wave therapy
- Kinesiology taping
- Electromagnetic Transduction therapy (EMTT)
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy
- Perineural Injection Therapy (PIT)
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Aqua Therapy
- Ultrasound-Guided Injections
- Fluoroscopically Guided Epidural Steroid Injection and Facet Injection
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
Call us or visit our Brooklyn clinic to learn more about TECAR therapy and the other services we can combine to effectively treat your pain without surgery or drugs.
Recovery After TECAR Therapy
After completing your sessions, you are looking at six months to a year of relief from the pain. Of course, this isn’t a fixed timeline for everybody. All healing progresses at different rates and, depending on your body’s reaction to treatment; your recovery may take more or less time than with other people.
When recovering from TECAR treatment, avoid engaging in any activity that’ll strain the muscles and tissues. Allow the treated area to rest for a few days after your sessions.
There are no known side effects of TECAR therapy. Some patients have only reported a tingling sensation from the zapping the TECAR machine elicits. Other than that, no inflammation, redness, or numbness are experienced in the area, as compared to some other therapies.
TECAR therapy offers immediate relief; so, you are free to go about your daily activities right after treatment.
How Much Does TECAR Therapy Cost?
Several factors determine how much your TECAR therapy treatment plan will cost. The number of sessions you’ll need, and the other procedures you may choose to combine with it are details you may need to consider.
For a limited time, Dr. Sardar is now offering you the chance to test TECAR therapy, regardless of your insurance coverage.
Dr. Henry is confident that TECAR therapy can drastically improve your healing process and effectively eliminate any chronic pain. So, Dr. Henry is giving you the chance to try it out yourself at Pain Therapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York.
Numerous patients who had lost hope in relieving their pain have found their cure in TECAR therapy. This might apply to you as well, so, we’re giving everyone the chance to benefit from this innovative technology.
We recognize most insurance providers for our pain management services, including New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross / BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and United Health Care Community Plan.
It’s time to take advantage of the best of what pain relief technology has to offer. You no longer have to bear your chronic pain when there are many ways for you to combat it.
The first step? Set an appointment with Dr. Henry Sardar at Pain Therapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, and everything else will fall into place.
TECAR Therpy – FAQs
- What does TECAR stand for? TECAR stands for Transfer of Energy Capacitive and Resistive. It is an innovative pain treatment that uses a radiofrequency device to trigger a chain of reactions in your body that stimulates your natural repair mechanism.
- What is TECAR therapy used for? We use TECAR therapy in treating various pains ranging from low-back pain and joint pain to chronic debilitating conditions. It can be used to treat both chronic and acute painful conditions and injuries.
- Who needs TECAR therapy? Anyone who experiences chronic pain of any kind can benefit from TECAR therapy. You can also use it as rehabilitation post-surgery to speed up recovery and reduce post-op pain. TECAR can also be used to treat scar tissue.
- Is there an age limit for TECAR therapy? Anyone below the age of 18 does not qualify for TECAR therapy. However, if you’re below that age and suffer from chronic pain, there are several other pain management treatments that Dr. Sardar may recommend. There is no upper age limit to get TECAR therapy.
- Are there side effects of TECAR therapy? There are currently no known side effects of TECAR Therapy. TECAR therapy is an entirely safe and comfortable pain relief method if applied by a professional Dr. Sardar. No serious complications have been reported in the literature from TECAR therapy when used appropriately.
- How does TECAR therapy work? TECAR therapy uses electromagnetic energy (heat waves) to regenerate damaged cells and tissue, stimulate blood flow, and boost your body’s metabolism. It also has a numbing effect on your pain receptors, weakening your body’s perception of pain.
- How long do I need TECAR therapy? Your medical condition and your body’s reaction to the treatment will determine the length and number of your TECAR sessions.
- Is TECAR therapy painful? TECAR therapy is completely painless. The electromagnetic energy generates heat waves that numb your pain receptors and reduce your brain’s perception of the pain. The most discomfort you’ll feel is the zap when the Capenergy TECAR machine administers the energy waves. Even the zap sometimes goes unfelt by the patients.
- Is TECAR therapy effective? TECAR therapy has a high success rate among Dr. Sardar’s patients in New York. Pain specialists and physical therapists all around the world trust in the effectiveness of TECAR. It has become one of the best non-surgical pain treatments in the industry. Combining TECAR therapy with other treatment methods also increases the efficacy of healing, leading to a compound effect.
TECAR Therapy – References:
What is Chronic Pain Syndrome?
Short-term efficacy of capacitive-resistive diathermy therapy in patients with low-back pain: a prospective randomized control trial
Peripheral neuropathy – symptoms, and causes