"Transfer of Energy Capacitive and Resistive" TECAR - Reduce Pain Using TECAR Therapy
What Is TECAR Therapy?
“Transfer of Energy Capacitive and Resistive” (TECAR) therapy is one of the most effective thermotherapy treatments to reduce pain. Thermotherapy is the use of heat energy to relieve pain or stiffness.1 It’s a highly advanced non-surgical drug-free method that uses radio frequency to generate energy and encourage healing.
Applying heat to injured tissue, ligaments, and bones achieves pain relief and stimulates cellular regeneration and repair. We commonly use it to treat joint disorders, muscle disorders, low-back pain, spine pain, sports injuries, and other painful conditions. At PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, Dr. Henry Sardar offers expert TECAR therapy for overworked injuries, sports injuries, and musculoskeletal disorders.
Dr. Sardar has helped many patients with acute and chronic pain, and he wants to help you too. He is giving you the chance to try out TECAR Therapy for yourself, no matter your insurance coverage. So if you’re looking for the best non-operative treatment for your pain, call us to book an appointment today!
How Does TECAR Therapy Work?
TECAR therapy uses electrical currents to alter the magnetic field, energize cells, and generate sufficient heat to reduce pain in the affected area. TECAR therapy reduces pain, stimulates natural cellular regeneration, stimulates tissue repair, and improves blood circulation in the treated area. The effects of TECAR treatment include:
- Analgesic Effect: The energy emitted by the TECAR device works alongside your nervous system. The high-frequency oscillating magnetic field hyper-stimulates the pain nerves and receptors, blocking the pain signals.
- Biostimulant Effect: Once the radio waves hit the treated tissue, they polarize your cell membranes and reactivate your metabolic processes. TECAR stimulates cell proliferation and regeneration for wound healing and bone and joint repair.
- Decontracting Effect: The generated heat from the electrical current widens the blood vessels in the affected area. It increases the blood flow to that area along with oxygen and nutrients. This boosts healing in your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
- Anti-inflammatory Effect: The increased blood circulation consequently promotes immediate lymphatic drainage. The inflammatory metabolites and wastes are drained, reducing any swelling and promoting faster healing.
TECAR leads to accelerated pain reduction, enhanced natural healing, and rapid recovery time. You don’t have to result to risky surgical procedures or prescription painkillers. Dr. Sardar now offers all his patients the chance to discover a pain-free life with TECAR Therapy in Brooklyn, New York.
Am I A Candidate For TECAR Therapy?
TECAR therapy has garnered an excellent reputation among physiotherapists, osteopaths, and sports physicians worldwide since it speeds up healing and recovery for professional athletes. Nevertheless, TECAR is now accessible to everyone else – athletes and non-athletes alike.
TECAR therapy is an effective, safe treatment plan for any age or gender. It is an innovative non-surgical pain therapy that can benefit anyone. You’re a good candidate for TECAR therapy if:
- You have chronic back pain, neck pain, or other musculoskeletal pains
- You are recovering from a musculoskeletal injury and want to speed up the healing
- You are getting physical therapy and want to boost the progress
- Your pain is debilitating and interferes with your daily life
- Your pain prevents you from enjoying normal fun activities
- Your pain is affecting your mood
- You’re not improving with conventional treatment and pain killers
- You want to avoid the risks of surgery (scars, anesthesia, complications)
- You want an effective and non-surgical non-pharmacological pain therapy
- You are ready to commit to an intense treatment plan until you improve
TECAR therapy significantly eases chronic pain and speeds up recovery from surgery or various musculoskeletal disorders.
If you have any of these conditions, then TECAR may be the treatment you need:
- Joint pain
- Shoulder tendinitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Low-back pain
- Neck pain
- Knee or hip osteoarthritis
- Windshield wiper syndrome (knee ligament inflammation)
- Heel spurs
- Plantar fasciitis (foot fat pad inflammation)
- Pain from cancer or cancer treatment
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Treatment of scar tissues
- Lymphatic and vascular system disorders
- Sports traumas
What Are The Benefits Of TECAR Therapy?
According to scientific studies, TECAR technology is entirely safe and effective in treating painful conditions and repairing damaged tissue.
TECAR therapy is an entirely non-invasive drug-free pain therapy that targets deep tissues with minimal discomfort or side effects. Surgery would require incisions to reach and remedy your pain; not to mention the scarring and numerous surgical and anesthetic risks.
Needless to say, TECAR is one of the top surgery alternatives to cure acute and chronic pain.
Other benefits of TECAR therapy include:
- Speeds up healing after injury or surgery
- Boosts rehabilitation speed
- Complements traditional pain and physical therapy
- Faster tissue regeneration
- It’s a painless procedure
- Produces effective long-term results
How is TECAR Therapy Done?
At Dr. Henry Sardar Pain Management office in Brooklyn, New York, we are using state-of-the-art Capenergy TECAR technology to elicit the positive physiologic responses of TECAR therapy.
Before the therapy begins, we apply a conductive cream to help the electromagnetic energy waves penetrate the deeper structures of the injured region.
Dr. Sardar places the electrode onto your skin, and the low-intensity radio waves generate heat targeted at your deep tissues. The electric stimulation numbs the nerves in the region, reduces pain, widens blood vessels, and encourages tissue repair.
TECAR therapy is a painless procedure and will not require any anesthesia. A typical session lasts 15-20 minutes at most.
TECAR is one of the latest advancements in regenerative medicine. Clinical studies have even shown significant improvement within a few hours after treatment.
Recommendations After TECAR Therapy Sessions
After each session, we suggest you rest the treated area and avoid any strenuous activities.
There are no known side effects of TECAR therapy. Some patients have only reported a tingling sensation after thermotherapy. Other than that, no inflammation, redness, or numbness should be experienced in the area – unlike with some other therapies.
TECAR therapy usually provides immediate relief; so, you are free to go about your daily activities right after treatment.
All healing progresses at different rates. Depending on your body’s reaction to treatment, you are looking at six months to a year of relief from the pain after completing your TECAR sessions.
How Can I Access TECAR Therapy?
Most insurance providers don’t cover TECAR therapy, and so people struggling with painful conditions have been unable to access it – until now.
Dr. Sardar is now offering all his patients the chance to test out TECAR therapy in his pain clinic in Brooklyn, New York.
You can now benefit from this therapy, with deep tissue repair and faster recovery, regardless of your insurance coverage.
For our other pain management services, we recognize most insurance providers: New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross / BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
Give us a call to learn more about TECAR Therapy and our pain therapy services at the PainTherapy Medical Care!