Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy For Pain - PRP - The Latest Innovation In Regenerative Medicine
What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy, also called “autologous conditioned plasma,” is the latest innovation in regenerative medicine. This therapy uses your blood components to speed up your natural healing process, stimulate regeneration, and reduce pain.
Platelet-rich plasma combines two components of your blood:
- Plasma: the liquid portion of your blood rich in clotting factors, proteins, and healing factors.
- Platelets: a blood cell well-known for its clotting and healing abilities.
PRP has a high concentration of platelets. These healing cells release proteins and growth factors essential to relieving pain and inflammation.1 PRP therapy has become a widely recognized natural pain relief and regenerative method in orthopedics, sports medicine, urology, dermatology, and cosmetics. It is a minimally invasive innovative way to naturally boost healing and cellular regeneration.
If you want to skip the prescription painkillers and avoid surgery, then PRP might be your best alternative. Dr. Sardar is now offering PRP in his Brooklyn pain clinic. You can try out PRP treatment regardless of your insurance coverage!
How Does Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy Work?
Dr. Sardar injects the platelet-rich plasma directly into the source of your pain to stimulate cell regeneration and tissue repair. The high concentration of platelets enhances your body’s healing and repair mechanism for faster recovery.
The injection of platelet-rich plasma into the painful area elicits the following physiologic reactions:
- Supply fibronectin: Fibronectin is a chemical necessary for wound healing, but it has an insufficient supply in cases of chronic pain. The reintroduction of the platelet-rich plasmas replenishes your fibronectin supply and speeds up wound healing and tissue repair.
- Release growth factors: PRP releases growth factors that trigger cell regeneration and repair, providing natural healing and easing your pain.1
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Platelet-rich plasma injections encourage your body to produce endothelial cells and fibroblasts.3 These cells are essential for reducing inflammation, controlling coagulation, and regulating blood flow.
Tissue regeneration: PRP energizes your cells and stimulates regeneration and revitalization for faster tissue healing.4 It also prompts cell growth and multiplication in the cells responsible for bone regeneration and remodeling.
What Conditions Does Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy Treat?
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is one of the top natural regenerative therapies for sports injuries, overuse injuries, musculoskeletal pain, and other chronic conditions.
At PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, Dr. Sardar uses PRP therapy for many painful conditions, including:
- Hamstring injuries
- Joint pain
- Muscle injuries
- Torn tendons
- Tennis elbow
- Rotator cuff tears
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Back pain
- Plantar fasciitis
PRP treatment has become increasingly popular among Dr. Sardar’s athletic patients in New York. It can speed up recovery in muscles, ligaments, and tendons that take longer to heal with conservative treatment. PRP can even speed up your healing after surgery.
Many professional athletes have credited PRP as the reason they could bounce back from their injuries so quickly.
If you have been experiencing chronic pain or any of the listed conditions, then PRP therapy may provide fast, long-lasting pain relief for your illness. You are an excellent candidate for PRP therapy if:
- You’ve suffered from chronic joint and muscle pain
- You are recovering from orthopedic, joint, or spine surgery
- You want to avoid surgery, steroid injections, and medications
- You want to boost tissue regeneration naturally
- You want natural healing therapy
- You want a speedy and painless recovery
If this is exactly what you’re looking for, then Dr. Henry Sardar is now offering you the opportunity to test out Plasma-Rich Platelet Therapy right here in Brooklyn.
Call us to learn more or book an appointment with New York’s leading pain management physician.
What Are The Benefits Of Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections?
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is the latest non-invasive treatment that promotes your body’s healing process. PRP is all-natural – using your own cells to elicit regenerative effects.
Now, you can avoid adverse side effects from steroid injections, surgery, and prescription medications.
The benefits of PRP therapy include:
- Rapid tissue growth
- Boosts bone regeneration and remodeling
- Enhanced wound healing
- Decrease in inflammation
- Healing of injured ligaments and tendons
- No scarring, no skin incision
- No known side effects
- Extremely safe and effective against chronic pain and acute injuries
- You can combine it with other pain-relief treatments to maximize its efficacy
How Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy Done?
Dr. Henry Sardar will extract a sample of your blood and run it through a centrifuge to separate its components.
From the sample, he takes the portion containing your white blood cells and platelets to use for your PRP injection. He injects the activated platelets directly into the injured tissue. The entire procedure is not painful at all and does not require any anesthesia. After a short monitoring period, you’re free to resume your usual activities.
Recovery After Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma therapy has no known adverse effects or risks.
However, we recommend allowing some time for your body to heal. Try to avoid strenuous activities that can strain the treated area.
Unlike surgical procedures and other invasive pain treatments, platelet-rich plasma therapy doesn’t require any recovery period. You can continue your daily routine almost immediately after your session. You may even feel more energized than before.
How Can I Access Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy?
You can try out Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy right here at our pain therapy clinic in Brooklyn, New York!
Dr. Henry Sardar is offering you the opportunity to test Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy for yourself. His PRP treatment has been widely successful in treating many of his patients with various chronic conditions. Now, he wants you to experience the wonderful benefits, regardless of your insurance coverage.
We recognize most insurance providers for other services at our Brooklyn pain management clinic, including New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross / BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
Visit us at PainTherapy Medical Care and book your appointment today in New York’s top pain therapy clinic.