Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Knee Injections For Pain In Brooklyn, NYC
What Are Hyalgan Knee Injections?
Hyaluronic acid (HA), also known as hyaluronan, is a naturally occurring component of your synovial fluid, the fluid lining of your knee joints. Hyaluronic acid lubricates your joints and prevents friction with movement. At PainTherapy Medical Care, we use a premium brand of hyaluronic acid called “Hyalgan” to treat various knee joint conditions. Hyalgan is a solution of sodium hyaluronate that contains natural hyaluronic acid to relieve knee pain for as long as six months or possibly longer. Hyalgan Knee Injections are one of the best alternatives to knee replacement surgery or knee arthroscopic surgery. They help improve knee mobility, and prevent the progression of degenerative knee diseases (e.g. osteoarthritis). Hyaluronic acid is injected directly into your joints to lubricate and relieve pain at the source.
Dr. Henry Sardar expertly performs Hyalgan Knee Injections with ultrasound guidance at our pain management clinic in Brooklyn, New York. He’ll help you find a therapy plan tailored for your condition – no surgery, no steroid injections, no chronic pain medications.
Call us at PainTherapy Medical Care and book your pain relief appointment today!
How Do Hyaluronic Acid Knee Injections Treat Pain?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural lubricant, shock absorber, and joint stabilizer.2 With the aid of ultrasound guidance, hyaluronic acid injections in your knee can stimulate healing and improve the range of motion.
Hyaluronic acid knee injections achieve their therapeutic effects through:
- Lubrication: The natural hyaluronic acid in your joints can diminish because of aging or chronic conditions (like osteoarthritis). Hyalgan replenishes your supply of HA and lubricates your joint to prevent friction.
- Reduced Friction: Age, sports injuries, and overuse can weaken the viscosity of your synovial fluid, leading to friction and pain. Injecting Hyalgan restores the normal viscosity to reduce friction and improve your knee’s mobility.
- Cell Regeneration: Hyaluronic acid injections trigger cell multiplication and regeneration, leading to faster healing. It also stimulates tissue regeneration of your cartilage.
- Anti-Inflammation: When chronic conditions damage the viscous joint lining, your knee bones constantly rub naked against each other, causing them to become inflamed. HA injections into your knee regulate inflammatory substances and reduce painful inflammation.
Can I Get Hyalgan Knee Injections?
Hyaluronic acid injections have become one of the best minimally invasive pain therapies for various knee injuries and joint diseases. It directly reduces pain, restores joint function, and improves damaged tissues.
Dr. Sardar administers Hyalgan Knee Injections to treat various chronic knee conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Mild non-specific knee pain
- Knee injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Knee osteoarthritis
If you’re looking for the best minimally invasive alternative to surgery, then Hyalgan Knee Injections may be just what you need. You’re an excellent candidate for Hyalgan Knee Injections if:
- You’ve been experiencing arthritis knee pain for several weeks
- You don’t want to rely on pain relievers
- You are experiencing excruciating knee pain because of injury
- You would like to avoid knee replacement surgery
- You want a natural improvement in knee pain
- You want to avoid knee steroid injections If this sounds like you, call us today! We’re one of the very few centers that offer hyalgan knee injections in Brooklyn, New York.
What Are The Benefits Of Hyalgan Knee Injections?
Hyaluronic acid injections have widely become the choice of therapy in the treatment of patients with knee osteoarthritis. Many patients prefer Hyalgan injections as an alternative for knee replacement surgery and steroid injections.
These are only a few benefits that make Hyalgan Knee Injections one of the top treatments for chronic knee pain:
- Faster pain relief
- Minimally invasive
- Ultrasound-guided injection
- Precision injection
- Minimizes the need for prescription medication
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
- No recovery period
- No known side effects
How Are Hyalgan Injections Administered?
Dr. Henry Sardar administers Hyalgan Knee Injections with ultrasound guidance. This means that he uses an ultrasound machine to guide the needle through the skin over your knee. Your pain therapist then disinfects the injection site and applies a numbing agent to prevent discomfort during the procedure. If there is any excess fluid causing inflammation, he extracts it with the help of the ultrasound. The ultrasound projects live imaging of the internal structures in your knee. It allows Dr. Sardar to see the path of injection. Once Dr. Sardar determines the correct position, he delivers the Hyalgan shot into the painful joint and removes the needle once complete.
Recovery After Hyalgan Knee Injections
Hyalgan injections have no downtime. That means you’re free to continue your everyday routine after your session. Although, we suggest avoiding any strenuous activity that can add pressure on your newly treated joint. Depending on how your body responds to the treatment, you may need about 4 to 5 sessions to get the full benefit. However, clinical studies show that HA injections significantly improve joint function and reduce pain after only a few sessions.
Where Can I Get Hyalgan Knee Injections?
Many insurance providers usually cover the cost of hyalgan injections in many patients. This, of course, depends on your specific condition. In general, if your orthopedist, rheumatologist, primary care physician, or physical therapist recommend hyaluronic acid injections, you will be eligible for coverage or a rebate. At our Brooklyn pain management clinic, we accept most major insurance providers: New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross/BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and United Health Care Community Plan coverage are all welcome. Hyalgan knee injections can provide long-term relief from various painful conditions, ranging from mild knee pain to degenerative joint diseases. It can help you avoid risky surgical procedures or prescription painkillers. It’s natural, It’s effective. Call us today to learn more about our services and book an appointment at New York’s leading pain clinic.