Fluoroscopic Guided Epidural Injection Therapy For Pain Management In Brooklyn NYC
How Do Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections Help Me?
Fluoroscopy-guided injections are advanced injection therapies that deliver immediate pain relief directly at the source of your pain. Today, it’s the go-to treatment if you want a minimally invasive technique that provides fast and effective pain relief.
These injections are highly effective in targeting facet joints and painful vertebral structures (ligaments, muscles, discs, nerves, etc.). Fluoroscopy-guided injection therapy is a chronic pain treatment that involves the injection of a corticosteroid and local anesthetic (lidocaine) to elicit therapeutic effects in the injured area:
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation can add pressure to your nerve endings and cause pain. Steroids are potent anti-inflammatory medications that reduce inflammation, calm your nerves, and relieve pain.
- Prevents Chemical Release: Facet and epidural steroid injections inhibit the production and release of chemicals that trigger your nerve fibers, effectively relieving chronic pain.
- Anesthetic Effect: Corticosteroids and lidocaine weaken the action of enzymes responsible for irritation and discomfort. It blocks the transmission of pain signals from your nerves. No pain signals, no pain.
Dr. Henry Sardar expertly performs Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections to treat various painful chronic conditions, including sports injuries, joint diseases, musculoskeletal disorders, and inflammatory diseases.
Call us at PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, and set your appointment today!
What Are Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections And Facet Injections?
A fluoroscopy-guided injection uses fluoroscopy (X-ray imaging) to accurately and safely target the pain source. Dr. Sardar injects a high-contrast dye that the fluoroscopy machine can see. It shows real-time images of your deep tissues. It allows him to place the needle precisely and deliver the pain-relief medication with minimal risk or complications: no more blind targeting or hit-or-miss approach.
It allows him to place the needle precisely and deliver the pain-relief medication with minimal risk or complications: no more blind targeting or hit-or-miss approach.
At our pain management clinic in Brooklyn, New York, we offer two types of fluoroscopically guided injections:
- Epidural Corticosteroid Injections: The epidural space is a small space inside your vertebral column, just before the spinal cord. Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory medications that we inject into the epidural space. This is an effective yet minimally invasive way to treat low (lumbar) back pain, herniated discs, and spinal arthritis.
- Facet Joint Injections: These are injections applied to areas in the spine where two vertebrae are joined. Chronic joint conditions lead to insufficient synovial fluid and subsequent joint friction and damage. Dr. Sardar uses facet injections to reduce pain and inflammation caused by these conditions.
These are clinically proven non-surgical methods to relieve chronic pain. So, if you want to speed up your healing and recovery without surgery, Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections are an excellent choice.
What Conditions Do Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections And Facet Joint Injections Treat?
At PainTherapy Medical Care, Dr. Henry Sardar frequently uses fluoroscopy-guided injections to diagnose and treat these conditions:
- Herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Rheumatoid osteoarthritis
- Septic arthritis
- Lumbar arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Compression fractures
- Annular tears
- Bone spurs
- Lumbar pain
- Neck pain
If your condition falls under the list mentioned above, then go ahead and book an appointment for Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections. Experience effective, long-lasting pain relief today!
How Do I Know If I Can Get Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections And Facet Joint Injections?
If you have joint pain, low-back pain, leg pain, or a medical history of chronic pain, it’s time to give injection therapies a try.
You are a great candidate for fluoroscopy-guided injections if:
- You’ve been in severe pain for several weeks (back pain, neck pain, joint pain)
- You’ve either developed a tolerance for pain medications or would like to avoid the possibility of that happening
- You want to avoid surgery to treat your pain
- You have severe pain in your facet joints (joints of your spine)
- You want to speed up your natural healing process by combining different treatments
Still unsure whether Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections are the right treatment for you? Contact us at our Brooklyn pain therapy clinic and we’ll gladly answer all your questions.
How Is A Fluoroscopy-Guided Injection and Facet Joint Injection Administered?
The entire process for Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. You’ll have to remove any jewelry or clothing that may interfere with the radiation from the X-ray.
Dr. Sardar disinfects your skin and applies a local anesthetic to numb the target area. He turns on the fluoroscope, an X-ray machine. Once he delivers the high-contrast dye, he can see live imaging to distinguish the path of injection and the surrounding tissues or structures.
He tracks the correct needle position and administers the mixture of steroids and anesthetics. You’ll have a short monitoring period when the injection is complete, after which you’re free to go.
Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections minimize the risk of potential complications that often arise with spine surgery, like nerve injury, spinal cord injury, or bleeding.
What Are The Benefits Of Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections and Facet Injections?
Fluoroscopically Guided Epidural Steroid Injections and Facet Injections Facet Joint Injections significantly reduce pain and improve mobility for patients with chronic pain. Here are a few reasons many prefer Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections over traditional methods:
- Fast pain relief
- Long-lasting effects
- No blind aiming
- Fewer risks
- Minimally invasive
- Minimizes the need for prescription medicines
- Clinically tested
Where Can I Get Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections and Facet Injections?
Fluoroscopy-Guided Epidural Steroid Injections and Facet Injections are available at our clinic right here in Brooklyn, New York!
Dr. Henry Sardar is one of the top providers of Fluoroscopy-Guided Epidural Steroid Injections and Facet Injections in New York. His expertise in pain management and rehabilitation guarantees that you get expert care and advice.
Fluoroscopy-Guided Injections may also be covered by insurance, should your primary care physician, physical therapist, or orthopedic surgeon recommend it.
Here, at our Brooklyn pain clinic, we accept most insurance providers: New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross / BlueShield, Medicaid Plan, and UnitedHealthCare Community Plan are welcome.
What are you waiting for? Book your next session at PainTherapy Medical Care today!