Aqua Physical Therapy In Brooklyn, NYC
What Is Aqua Physical Therapy For Chronic Pain?
Living with chronic pain? Sports injuries, arthritis, joint disorders, or other chronic medical conditions can all affect your quality of life.
Aqua physical therapy is an advanced rehabilitative therapy that treats various musculoskeletal disorders. Aquatic massage therapy strengthens your muscles, promotes healing and repair, and reduces your pain through aquatic exercise programs and water circuit therapy.
The soothing properties of water combined with therapeutic exercises allow you to move freely without being limited by pain.
Dr. Henry Sardar is one of the top Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation practitioners in Brooklyn, New York. He is offering all his patients the chance to try Aqua Therapy for themselves at PainTherapy Medical Care.
How Does Aqua Physical Therapy Work?
Our bodies naturally hold a lot of muscle, fat, and water. When we go about our daily life, these things weigh down and impact our joints. This makes it difficult to heal when we have painful chronic conditions like knee pain, back pain, and other musculoskeletal disorders.
Aquatic physical therapy lifts the pressure off of your joints and bones, making it easier for you to move your body without being hindered by pain. This way, the water exercises allow you to strengthen your muscles and recover from debilitating musculoskeletal injuries.
The therapeutic effects of aquatic therapy include:
- Muscle strengthening: The pressure of the water offers resistance and reduces stress on your muscles and bones. It allows your tense muscles to relax and gives you a wider range of motion for your aquatic exercises. The anti-gravity property of water also means that your blood circulation can flow more freely, stimulating your natural healing mechanism.
- Improved proprioception: The pressure of the water improves your body’s sensory input in your brain. This allows you to be more aware of your body’s movement and position. It also improves your coordination and range of motion for faster recovery from musculoskeletal or neurological injury.
- Healing and Repair: Cold water therapy tightens up your blood vessels. It slows the blood flow to the painful area and reduces inflammation. Hot water therapy expands your blood vessels, increasing your blood supply. This brings in essential oxygen and nutrients to stimulate and speed up your healing.
What Conditions Does Aqua Therapy Treat?
Dr. Henry Sardar uses aqua therapy to treat various conditions, such as sports injuries, orthopedic injuries, and even neurological disorders.
Some conditions that Dr. Sardar treats with aqua therapy include:
- Low-back pain
- Joint pain
- Back pain
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Sprains, strains, and fractures
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Your spine is often the most impacted by neurological disorders, leading to loss of muscle function. Aqua therapy can significantly improve your range of motion and restore your motor abilities after neurological injuries. No surgery is needed.
If you are suffering from any of the conditions mentioned above, Dr. Sardar is offering you the chance to try out the healing effects of aqua therapy for yourself.
Contact us at PainTherapy Medical Care today to learn more!
Can I Try Aquatic Physical Therapy?
You can try aqua therapy if you’re recovering from an injury, stroke, surgery, or you’re struggling with a painful chronic condition.
Aqua therapy has become a popular treatment for Dr. Sardar’s athletic patients. It allows them to recover from injury faster and gets them back into the game in no time. Water therapy is also suitable for children and elderly patients who suffer from painful musculoskeletal conditions.
No matter what age or gender, you can experience aquatic therapy’s restorative and detoxifying effects for your pain. You are a great candidate for aqua therapy if:
- You are recovering from a stroke
- You’ve recently sustained a musculoskeletal injury
- You’re undergoing post-surgery rehabilitation
- You want to speed up your physical therapy recovery plan
- You want to regain your muscular strength quickly
- You want a natural pain-relief method
- You want to avoid surgery to treat your pain
What Are The Benefits Of Aqua Therapy?
Aqua therapy is the latest rehabilitative treatment to reduce your pain and strengthen your musculoskeletal system. The properties of water combined with therapeutic exercises can treat various physically limiting and painful conditions, ranging from stiff joints to sports or work injuries and neurological disorders.
Here are only a few benefits that make water therapy the go-to treatment for pain management and rehabilitation:
- Improved strength and flexibility
- Improved motor skills
- Pain relief
- Natural healing
- Faster recovery
- Relaxing effect
- No anesthesia
- Minimal risk
If you want to find a natural way to recover and reduce your pain, then it’s time to try out aqua therapy. Book an appointment for effective pain relief and professional guidance.
Is Aqua Therapy Safe?
Aquatic therapy is a safe therapy that does not involve significant risks.
At PainTherapy Medical Care, we provide a safe environment for all clients. Our team is highly trained in advanced medical aid procedures and risk awareness.
Our expert therapists are trained to keep you safe and will guide you through your exercises. Even if you can’t swim, you can get aqua therapy. A team member will accompany you at all times, and you can perform your exercises in shallow waters.
We disinfect and treat our pools and equipment frequently to prevent contamination and the risk of infection.
Where Can I Try Aqua Therapy?
You can now feel the full effects of aqua therapy right here in Brooklyn, New York.
Dr. Henry Sardar is giving you the opportunity to try out water therapy and experience all of its benefits yourself. He believes in the efficacy of aqua therapy and wants all of his patients to experience it, no matter what their insurance covers.
At PainTherapy Medical Care, Brooklyn, New York, we accept the following insurance providers: New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross/BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and UnitedHealthCare Community Plan.
Reach out to us at PainTherapy Medical Care and book an Aqua Therapy session today!