Acupuncture For Pain Management In Brooklyn NYC
Acupuncture Therapy and Chronic Pain
The foundation of traditional acupuncture is based on the energy flowing through our bodies. Any imbalance or disruption to this energy flow causes disease and painful conditions.
Acupuncture is the process of penetrating specific points or acupuncture points in the skin with needles as a treatment aimed at unblocking disrupted energy flow.
Modern medicine has proven that acupuncture indeed stimulates your muscles, nerves, and connective tissues. Clinical evidence reveals that the acupuncture needle triggers your body’s natural painkillers to elicit pain relief.
Acupuncture therapy has become widely recognized for providing deep tissue healing and regeneration without needing intrusive procedures or medications.
Dr. Henry Sardar is a leading specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation in Brooklyn, New York. He offers acupuncture therapy to relieve chronic pain from musculoskeletal disorders, overuse injuries, sports injuries, neurological disorders, or inflammatory diseases.
So, if you want to skip the prescription painkillers and avoid surgery, Dr. Sardar is offering you the chance to try out Acupuncture Therapy. You can now experience its therapeutic effects no matter your insurance coverage, right here in Brooklyn, New York.
Visit us at PainTherapy Medical Care to get started today!
The Science of Acupuncture
Over 400 different acupuncture points are scattered around your body, from the top of your head to your feet.
Acupuncture needles at these specific points produce natural tissue regeneration and stimulate your natural painkillers, allowing you to heal without surgical procedures, prescription medicines, or steroid injections.
Once Dr. Sardar inserts the needles accurately into specific acupuncture points, a series of biological effects occur:
- Creation of Micro Traumas: Micro traumas stimulate your body’s healing mechanisms, triggering for your body to heal your injured tissues. Dr. Sardar can use acupuncture needles on muscles, tendons, and joints to jumpstart healing in chronic injuries. The needle micro-injuries reignite the healing response and stimulate tissue repair.
- Releasing Natural Painkillers: Your body usually produces endorphins, serotonin, and enkephalin to ease pain from injuries. The acupuncture needles stimulate the cells to boost the production of these natural painkillers, significantly reducing your pain.
- Vasodilation: Acupuncture needles can stimulate the release of vasodilator substances that widen your blood vessels. This results in an increased blood flow rich in oxygen and nutrients, which boosts your natural healing mechanism.
- Immobilizing Effect: Acupuncture has an analgesic effect that modulates your feeling of pain. When inserted into pain receptors or nociceptors, the needles inhibit the pain signals and decrease inflammatory mediators to reduce your pain.
What Conditions Benefit From Acupuncture?
At PainTherapy clinic in Brooklyn, we use acupuncture to provide fast, long-term pain relief and healing in various chronic conditions.
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ligament sprain
- Thoracic outlet compression
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Degenerated disc disease
- Neuropathic pain
- Menstrual cramps
- High blood pressure
- Post-operative recovery
We use acupuncture therapy as an alternative treatment to relieve discomfort from musculoskeletal disorders, neuropathic disorders, and more painful health conditions.
If you have any of the conditions mentioned above or are experiencing chronic pain, acupuncture therapy may be the treatment for you. You’re a great candidate for acupuncture if:
- You’ve recently sustained a painful injury
- You have chronic joint pain, back pain, neck pain, or any other form of musculoskeletal pain
- You want a natural pain-relief method
- You want to avoid surgery to treat your pain
- You want to avoid steroid injections for pain
- You want a safe treatment with minimal risk
- You want to boost recovery after surgery or injury
- You want to speed up healing by combining different effective techniques
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then Dr. Sardar is now offering you the opportunity to test out acupuncture’s immediate results in our Brooklyn pain clinic.
Call us to learn more details or to book an appointment with New York’s best pain physician.
What Are The Benefits Of Acupuncture Therapy?
Acupuncture is one of the top chronic pain treatments to stimulate your body’s natural healing process.
Acupuncture therapy has gained a following among Dr. Sardar’s patients in New York because of its many benefits:
- Almost immediate pain relief
- Minimally invasive
- Faster healing process
- It can be combined with other pain management therapies
- No anesthesia needed
- No rehabilitation period
- Test session at our New York pain clinic
Things To Keep In Mind Before Getting Acupuncture Therapy
If it’s your first time having acupuncture therapy, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the thought of needles pricking your skin.
Don’t worry. Acupuncture is more than just a pain management procedure. With the proper technique and practice, acupuncture stimulates not only your healing and recovery but also your overall well being.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you have your first acupuncture session:
- Don’t go in on an empty stomach. Make sure to eat a full meal and stay hydrated to prevent feeling light-headed during your acupuncture session
- You don’t have to remove all your clothing for acupuncture. You’ll only have to remove your clothes based on the areas we’re treating
- We may use as much as 5 to 20 needles for each session. But these needles are much thinner than your usual hypodermic needles. So even if we use all 20 needles, you shouldn’t feel any pain
Where Can I Get Acupuncture Therapy?
Dr. Henry Sardar is giving all of his patients the chance to experience natural and effective healing with Acupuncture Therapy. He is confident in its therapeutic effects in treating debilitating pain, and he wants you to try it out, no matter what insurance coverage you have.
For our other pain management services, we accept the following insurance providers: New York State Medicaid, HealthFirst, Fidelis Care, Affinity Group, Metro Plus, Amerigroup, BlueCross / BlueShield Medicaid Plan, and UnitedHealthCare Community Plan.
Contact us at PainTherapy Medical Care in Brooklyn, New York, to book an Acupuncture session. We look forward to providing a long-lasting natural solution to your pain.